Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Free Printable Artist-made Gift Tags - over 135 Sheets Worth!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009
(For slower connections please click here for the version without preview images.)

I haven't purchased gift tags in 3 years. And, no, it's not because I just write the recipient's name straight on the package with Sharpie. Ever since I discovered that many artists on the web design and upload free printable gift tags to share with readers, I've been hooked. I can print them out at a moment's notice. They can be customized/chosen to fit the individual. They are far cooler than anything I've found in a store. Oh, and both my teenagers love to use them and recipients love to... well... receive them. :)

At the beginning of December I just make sure I have ink for my printer, tape, scissors, cute ribbon or twine, and cardstock. Many people suggest that you use a good quality paper. I have had good luck with just a standard bright white cardstock and the "best" quality print setting on my printer.

Some of the tags and labels included are not specifically designed for the Christmas/holiday season. Either they were too pretty to pass up or it didn't matter. It's like saying you can't use solid pink wrapping paper for your gifts because it's not Christmas-y enough. Bah, humbug.

Most of the tags below come with multiples to a sheet. Some of them are just a single image. In that case you will want some type of graphic software to fit more on a sheet and maximize the use of your paper. I personally use CorelDraw. I believe some people use Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.

A note here: Out of the 128 sheets of tags that I found (this does not count any tags that may be added to the original post) I only found one with a Terms of Use. Kathy from Green Zebra Studio has kindly given me permission to quote her TOU here.

"This file and printed materials are for personal use only. Neither may be redistributed in any way without the artist's permission. This includes, but is not limited to sharing, selling, reselling and altering."

This doesn't mean that, by neglecting to include a TOU, any of the other artists are giving permission for a person to share, sell, resell or alter (except add a name) their tags. Please respect the artist's intellectual property. Consider the above terms applicable unless you have contacted the artist and received express permission for some other use.

These tags have been compiled from the past few years. I have not yet searched specifically for the 2009 tags. Do you know of some I've missed? Do share them in the comments and I'll add them. And feel free to share this page with others. :)

Enjoy!

Gift Tag Additions Page #1





Dr. Seuss Gift Tags Seusville




Bambi & Venner (Friends) Templates
#1
#2 #3 all 3 smaller on one page #4
Liselotte at
Slagt en hellig ko


(Cute is the universal language, yes? :D)




Christmas Tags #1 HTMLPage PDF Jan Brett


Christmas Tags #2 HTMLPage PDF Jan Brett


ChristmasTags #3 HTMLPage PDF Jan Brett


Christmas Tags #4 HTML Page PDF Jan Brett













Free Printable Gift Wrap and Matching Tags
Christmas
Hanukkah
Gift-WrapIt





Gift Tags JPG PDF Brian White





Ornate Gift Tags
Blue and Multi Yoonie At Home



Christmas Tags in color or black & white
Monita at Mushy



Lolly's Newest Labels LollyChops








Calling Cards in Pink and Ochre Creature Comforts



New Tags from Amy Butler Coming Soon

Amy Butler

56 comments:

iHanna said...

These are some great tags you've collected Francie, I'll run out of printer ink in no time!

tdroberts said...

Thanks so much, Francie!!! I'm thinking plain wrapping to better showcase such lovely tags! Can't wait to adorn my gifts this year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including my tags in this comprehensive collection. Such a treat to be in such outstanding company.

Unknown said...

Hiee there, it's my first time visiting and i love your blog. Such a cozy and lovely space. :) These are really wonderful gift tags you collected....very inspirational! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely merry happy day! Love to yoU!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

PORK-PIE said...

Thanks for linking to my tags. My name is "Luc Latulippe" though, not "Lucia Tulippe." :)

LollyChops said...

These are all so great! Thanks for linking!

Natascha Rosenberg said...

Thanks for linking to my tags! I hope you like them!!

Little Paper Dog said...

So many great tags! Thanks for including mine :)

Francie Horton said...

Oh, Luc! I am so sorry! What a goof I am. I'll fix that right now. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Thanks for including me in your round up! I'm glad to see so many of us have a love for gift tags!

Kristina
Studio 67

MISS B said...

WOW! What a collection, the best I have ever seen!!! Thank you for including us in this amazing round up!!!

Celia said...

Thanks so much for all the links!!! I loved Bellesprintables!!!!!
Thanks!

Jann said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! Thank you for all the amazing links! I know this post must have taken a lot of time and effort and I really appreciate you sharing all of these with all of us! Have a wonderful day! Smiles, Jann

the fabled needle (jen) said...

goodness, that's a lot of free tags!!! really. awesome.

thanks for including mine! i'll tweet this post. :)

Val said...

What a wonderful web site. Thanks so much for these great gift cards.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing such a great selection of Christmas tags. I was pleasantly surprised when I came across this site. I loved it! Thanks again!!

Unknown said...

Hi, Francie!
I folllow your blog from the networked blogs! I really love your blog... It's a beautiful blog and I enjoy being here... ;)

Kellie said...

Oh my goodness. Found you via Peptogirl. This is such a fabulous list. Thank you so, so much for compiling. Merry Christmas!

Hello, I'm Emily Clare. said...

Wow, I'm overwhelmed!!! This is the best list ever!! THANK YOU!

Yvonne said...

Hi,

Thank you for the beuatiful tags!!!
They are lovely!

Greetings,
Yvonne

Marta G. (A Bilingual Baby) said...

Thank you so much! I have visited your blog thanks to http://papercrave.com/festive-freebies/
I have been downloading some of these tags for at least half an hour! I must work a bit now but it's hard to concentrate now, after all this amazing art! I can't stop thinking about holidays, presents, Christmas...
:) Have a fantastic day! Best regards from Barcelona :)

Suze said...

Hello Francie!

Wow, this is an IMPRESSIVE collection!
(I found it via a re-tweet by Valedesign).

Come and see which are my favorites from here on my blog! http://www.dailysuze.com/blog5.php/2009/12/10/beautiful-today-free-printable-gift-tags

I will add new ones if I find anything really special.
Many thanks for putting all this together.
Ciao from Italy!
Suze

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
www.dailysuze.com

katy said...

Fantastic, thank you so much xx

Anonymous said...

Whoa! Thanks so much for this!

Unknown said...

Hello, this so great!!! i really enjoy it... but i didnt have the 3 files that have Yoonie at home, do you have it? because i really want it... thx for everything!
Gaby

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

bless your heart for doing this francie...i put this on my lens at squidoo and i will share on facebook and twitter!!!

hugs, rebecca

Francie Horton said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments! I'll keep updating as I find more. :)

remarker/fcffollower said...

Just saw this collection - shared the post with my friends since it seems to have something for every taste. Thanks!

mayaluna said...

I'm in love with printing out tags, too! Thank you so much for this wonderful compilation!

katie said...

thanks for pulling this wonderful collection of artist tags together under one roof :-)
happy holidays!

kimberly/tippytoes said...

What a great resource. Thanks for saving me a lot of time!

Lisanna said...

Thank you very much!!

ClairieC said...

These are gorgeous! Thank you so much, my gifts are sure to look beautiful now :)

kathi said...

Wow! What a wonderful collection! Thank you SO much for offering them for FREE!
Makes my last minute gift wrapping a lot more fun!

France said...

I did stop by, too late to use the tags for this year, but hey, there's next year, and birthdays!
Thank you for compiling this great collection!

Epicurvegan said...

Wow - this is a tremendous post! Thank you for putting so much time into sharing it with all of us :)

Sayukocraft said...

Thanks for this post, is great really. Regards from Spain. Victoria

Tanya said...

wow! this is awesome. I can print from here all night! Thanks for taking the time to share!

A Little Bit of Everything! said...

Wow! This is the best collection I have came across. Glad you came up in my search. I will definitely be using some of these.

Kim Carney said...

Thank you for including me in your list. I also have a new set this year. Hi-res pdf at this location
http://www.millercarneymiller.com/2010/12/let-it-snow-gift-tags/

Thanks
Kim

jdavissquared said...

fabulous post! love it!

planettreasures said...

Love them!
thanks for all your hard work colating this post.
I have used some of these but - wow! there are so many more.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all the free gift tags!!! Love them!

Chrissy
formamas.blogspot.com

Síona said...

Thank You sooooooooo much! I'll blog about this page nearer toChristmas. Hope you don't mind! S xx

http://bedroomcrafter.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Found this via Pinterest! What a great compilation. Thank you!
http://christenheartspinterest.wordpress.com/2011/12/04/i-heart-free-christmas-tags/

CuteEverything.com said...

Free tags: http://ellaemmett.com/blog/holiday-print-packs-and-freebie

handmadecreativity said...

Hi, I'm Taced... thank you for sharing but I have a question: can I use labels for my blog? Do you know?
Thank you!

Waseem said...

like all the gift tags... fantastic collection.
Send Gifts To Pakistan.
You can contact
Hank hendricks
if you need help or information regarding the following areas of interest:
• new ventures
• business deals
• reference requests
• getting back in touch

Unknown said...

use very good technology and cards are looks so good Free Business Cards

Unknown said...

I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information.
business forms

ali naqvi said...

Its mind-blowing...i love it.!!!
Printed gift cards

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am going to use the Kokishe Doll tags for Girl Scout swaps! So perfect! I will be putting them up on my blog! Thanks

Unknown said...

these are wonderful gift tags you collected.thanks for sharing,it show your hard work,,nice effort.

Unknown said...

these are wonderful gift tags you collected.thanks for sharing,it show your hard work,,nice effort.

55555555 said...

สมัคร gclub
gclub
สมัคร บาคาร่า
สมัคร จีคลับ